Click on the image to redirect to a "Bullying: No way!" website (tips, signs & advice)
Check out these additional resources:
- Stop Bullying Now: Advice for parents & guardians
- School a-to-z: Bullying advice for parents (NSW Dpt of Ed)
- School a-to-z: Cyberbullying prevention - Tips for parents (NSW Dpt of Ed)
- Stopbullying.gov: Cyberbullying
Bullying & Cyberbullying
Boys and Books
The Teacher Librarians work hard to acquire, and promote the reading of, good books. Statistics and research shows that more and more teenage boys are reading less and less. This concerns us! We run a Boys and Books program for year 7 and year 8 students in partnership with the English Department. In addition, we also host our own Reading Blog which provides reviews and recommendations of books we think your son (and daughters) will enjoy. Many Barker students follow the blog and do often add their own reviews and recommendations. This is encouraging!
We believe that the school library is vital to fostering a love of, and for, literature and literacy and invite you (Mum and Dad) to promote, model and encourage good reading habits at home.
Thanks for your support!
Here are some links to help you find some great reads:
Internet Safety: Advice for parents & teens
The Flipped Classroom & Flipped Learning
Click on the image to redirect to a website about flipped learning and what it means for parents.
Check out these other websites and resources:
- The Flipped Classroom Infographic
- What if your child is in a Flipped Classroom?
- Parentmap: Is the Flipped Classroom the future of education?
What is flipped learning?
Geared for success - Study tips